Melissa Miller participated in the Defence Medical Workshop presented by Canadian Defence Lawyers. She played the part of Counsel for the Plaintiff in the mock trial, demonstrating Direct and Cross Examination of Expert Witnesses for the Defendant.
Designed for new and young lawyers, this interactive program featured an actual orthopaedic defence medical conducted by Dr. Barry Malcolm who explained the history and essentials of the defence medical. This was followed by a mock direct and cross-examination of an expert witness. This kind of practical knowledge is crucial to success in your cases.
- Demonstration - Orthopaedic Surgical Defence Medical
- History and Essentials of a Defence Medical Examination
- Defence Medical Demonstration
- Direct and Cross-Examination of Expert Witness for the Defendant
- Episode I - Direct Examination by Counsel for the Defendant
- Episode II - Cross Examination by Counsel for the Plaintiff (played by Melissa Miller)
- Discussion & Questions
- Strategies in Direct and Cross-Examination of a witness
- Dos and Don’ts of examining an expert
- Ethics in courtroom – direct and cross-examination of a witness