Careers at Howie, Sacks & Henry
Howie, Sacks & Henry is one of the top ranked personal injury law boutiques in Canada. We have earned the reputation for the highest quality of work, but also for having a great corporate culture.
Accommodations for candidates with accessibility concerns will be made in all aspects of the selection process.
If there are open opportunities available to join our team they will be listed below. Otherwise, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Social Media & Communications Coordinator
The Social Media & Communications Coordinator is responsible for managing HSH’s online presence across various social channels and working closely with the other members of the Marketing Team to maintain and execute the elements of the firm’s overall Communications Strategy and Calendar.
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of how content fits in with the overall marketing strategy and goals of the firm and how the various pieces of content produced by the Marketing Team and firm lawyers supports/fit in with the various elements.
- Develop and implement a social media strategy and online presence for HSH, including a cohesive look and feel across various channels
- Ensure the social media content is informative and appealing and that key messages align with the firm’s overall marketing strategy
- Define the most important social media KPIs and measure/report on the success of social media campaigns
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest changes for content optimization
- Work closely with our SEO/PPC team to develop and implement new campaigns/strategies
- Work with firm lawyers to create compelling social media content for their individual and firm accounts
- Monitor all firm social media accounts and respond to comments/inquiries and direct individuals to HSH staff as required
Other firm communications
- Write communication campaigns for firm news (e.g., media appearances, awards, speaking engagements, etc.) and post the content to the firm’s website and appropriate social media channels
- Manage the firm’s Google Review process
- Perform research and draft copy for new specialty content
Education and Qualifications
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant field with a record of professional accomplishment in social media and marketing communications
- Exceptional understanding of all key social media/digital platforms (i.e., Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and TikTok) and ability to effectively execute content across all
- Demonstrated understanding of social media KPI’s and website metrics and ability to translate those in to executable actions
- Experience using a website content management system (preferable WordPress) is an asset
- Collaborate team member with a client-centric mindset and positive attitude
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
Among the best in Canada
Since 2011, our peers have consistently voted for us as one of Canada’s top personal injury firms in Canadian Lawyer magazine’s annual rankings of the top personal injury boutiques in Canada.