Personal Injury Lawyer Meghan Hull-Jacquin will be speaking at the Ontario Bar Association's programme on Insurance Law. This session will go over the personal injury lawyer’s guide to closing a file. Experienced faculty will walk attendees through the mechanics of getting the deal done and closing a file, without the extra cost and time of ending up in court.
Meghan will be speaking on the topic of Structured Settlements, Death of Clients and Court Approval:
- What are structured settlements and when should you consider obtaining one?
- How do you continue an action when a client dies and under whose name do you use?
- When should you obtain court approval?
- What is required and how long does it take to get court approval?
Additional topics covered will include:
- Preliminary Stages of Settling a Case
- Releases, Unusual Settlements and Paying Money into Court
When: Tuesday, February 5, 2019|1:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Where: OBA Conference Centre, 20 Toronto Street, 2nd Floor, Toronto, ON M5C 2B8