You got hurt while under the care of a physician. You have a strong sense that the injury was caused by their negligence and that you have a possible lawsuit to pursue. But so many other questions and concerns, swirl around in your head. What you know for sure is that fighting this complex battle alone is not the answer. You need help.
But where do you look? How do you know which lawyer is the right one for you? To be sure, many lawyers deem themselves “experts” in the field but really have little experience and (even less compassion). Keep in mind that medical malpractice litigation is a very complicated area of practice. So, choosing the right lawyer is one of the most important decisions you can make.
Here are some criteria that should guide that significant decision:
- Your lawyer should speak with you candidly about whether you have a case, its complexities and potential for success. If you decide to move forward, they should guide you step-by-step on the legal process and what to expect at every turn.
- Your lawyer should have an in-depth understanding of the medical issues at the heart of your injury and potential lawsuit.
- Your lawyer and his/her firm should have extensive experience in medical malpractice lawsuits.
- Your lawyer should prove a formidable advocate, someone who is willing to go the extra mile to fight for your rights.
- Your lawyer should display empathy, compassion, trustworthiness and a desire to help. You should feel comfortable working with them as you will be spending significant amount of time together over time.
At Howie, Sacks & Henry, we believe serious injuries require extraordinary efforts to get the best results. We treat our clients as real people, not just a file; we treat them with the respect and empathy they deserve. With extensive experience in medical malpractice, our team of compassionate lawyers have achieved an impressive reputation for our expertise and for always fighting as hard - and as intelligently - as we can on behalf of our medical malpractice clients to ensure they receive the compensation they deserve.
If you or a family member has been injured and you want to discuss your legal options, please contact me at 416-361-5811 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.