Servicing Thunder Bay and all of Ontario
When you’re about to undergo a surgical procedure you probably have an understandable amount of nerves. While advances in medicine and surgical techniques continue to improve recovery outcomes, there are always inherent risks that something could go wrong.
Accidents and mistakes can and do happen, but when they happen during surgery events they can prove to be terribly damaging or even deadly. If a medical provider’s negligence breaches standards of care and results in injury, it’s called medical malpractice. In the case of surgeries that can include leaving foreign surgical objects inside the body cavity, improper handling or sanitizing of surgical tools resulting in infection, preventable nerve or tissue damage, or even conducting the wrong operation, operating on the wrong body part, or even operating on the wrong person.
In Canada, research indicates up to 138,000 patients each year (1 in 18) experience harm from preventable errors or “adverse events”, including surgical errors. Sadly, Thunder Bay area hospitals and medical facilities are not immune to these errors.
Other Types of Medical Malpractice
Negligent medical care or treatment can also result in:
- Birth Injuries – Brachial palsy and shoulder dystocia, acquired brain injuries, spinal cord damage, fractures and scarring due to improper care during the birthing process
- Misdiagnosis – Improper diagnostic testing or delayed diagnosis due to negligence, failure to perform necessary tests.
- Medication Errors – Incorrect prescription or administration of medicine (including dosage, type of medicine, duration or method of delivery)
Do You Need A Medical Malpractice Lawyer?
Howie, Sacks and Henry’s medical malpractice lawyers are here to help if negligent medical care has hurt you or your loved ones. Our experienced team of lawyers has the expertise to assist with claims involving complex medical issues and conditions. Insurance companies know our desire is to help our clients access fair compensation and damages for the harm they’ve faced and that we are not afraid to go to court if their offer to settle isn’t acceptable.
HSH’s medical malpractice lawyers are pleased to visit you in your own home or arrange a meeting at our nearby consultation office in Thunder Bay to ensure you never have to worry about distance when you’re looking for high quality legal representation. Our caring and compassionate team will always treat you as a person first and foremost – you are not just another case to us.
We know the Thunder Bay has excellent doctors, nurses and medical facilities that will do their very best to take care of you when you are ill. If you do sustain a serious injury due to medical negligence and malpractice, HSH’s team are here to take care of you and your legal rights to ensure you get the help you need to recovery and move past this unfortunate event.
News You Can Use
- “Hospital digitizing doctors’ orders.” Read the Article on TB Newswatch.
- “Northwest Doctors Voted Tops With Patients.” Read the Article on CBC.ca
- “Health Canada Guilty of ‘Malpractice’ in Treatment of Indigenous Youth, Charlie Angus Says.” Read the Article on CBC.ca
Looking to work with a medical malpractice lawyer in Thunder Bay? Contact Us.
We service Thunder Bay and Northwestern Ontario. When you think Medical Malpractice Lawyer Thunder Bay, Think Howie, Sacks & Henry.